Monday, October 1, 2012

Mitt Romney And The Hand-Up For The 1%

Making news today on the Internets and social media sites is this introduction at a recent fundraiser of Mitt Romney by Bill Marriott, hotel and food empire mogul:

"Both Mitt and I have summer places up in New Hampshire on Lake Winnipesaukee. And a few summers ago I was taking my grandchildren and children to town in the boat for ice cream. And we got into the docks and they were all full and I looked around, there was no place to park, so we stopped at the end of a dock. They all jumped off and ran up the dock. And I realized there was nobody in the boat to help me dock the boat, handle the ropes, do anything -- they just left me out there at sea. So I finally found a place to park after about 20 minutes, and I pulled in, I said, 'Who's going to grab the rope?,' and I looked up and there was Mitt Romney. So he pulled me in, he tied up the boat for me. He rescued me just as he's going to rescue this great country."


9 comments:

A. Wag said...

Such a delicious little story. It will require several posts to cover the material appropriately.

A. Wag said...

Mitt Romney: "Helping" the country out of its lifeboats, one hand-jerk at a time.

A. Wag said...

An anecdote simultaneously heart-warming and nauseating.

A. Wag said...

Bill Marriott desperately needs some new children and grandchildren.

A. Wag said...

Proving the Gatsbyism that "The rich are different from you and I."

Yeah, they don't have a clue how clueless they are.

Betsey said...

Who is going to these fundraisers and getting all of this great material? Or is it being slipped out the back door via bus boy and wait staff?

Just wonderin' . . . .

Anonymous said...

What a heart-warming story...and this qualifies him for the presidency how exactly?

Anonymous said...

of course romney would help marriott- he's from his pier group.

Gareth said...

Where was Gilligan when the Skipper needed help?